November – December 2014
- Reach out and gain the interest and support of the young market vis-à-vis environment protection and conservation.
- Help weaken public’s apathy to climate change concerns by providing venue of opportunities for young and undiscovered talents in the music industry.
- Encourage young and undiscovered songwriters to compose original, environmentally-motivated music.
- Popularize adaptation and mitigation measures in response to climate change.
Band Search Mechanics
- The search is open to amateur bands who have not signed up with any recording studio.
- The band must submit one original full song composition highlighting the theme “Nagbabago na ang Panahon, Panahon na ara Magbago”.
- The entry may be written in Tagalog, English or a combination of both.
- All entries must be submitted personally by any of the band member’s representative, together with duly filled-up application form with the signature of the band leader or designated representative, DEMO CD, and members’ profile, LYRICS and BAND PHOTO on or before JANUARY 15, 2015.
Philippine Information Agency 10
KaligKasan Band Search
Grace Bldg., Mabulay Subd.
A. Luna St. Cagayan de Oro City
- From the entries gathered, PIA will make a shortlist of entries submitted and will be forwarded to DENR for final selection.
- The selected songs maybe repackaged for radio and TV infomercials of DENR.
Criteria for Judging
|Originality and Creativity(songwriting style, technique, skill)||30%|
|Lyrics(emotional appeal, message appropriateness to theme)||30%|
|Overall Appeal(suitability as recording and environmental advocacy)||10%|
Prizes and Awards
- A preliminary judging shall be made to select the 10 best entries which shall compete in the finals, based on the given criteria.
- There will be three winners and seven consolation prizes.
- The panel of judges will be composed of experts in the field of music which will be determined by the contest committee.
- The decision of the board of Judges is final and irrevocable.
- Winners will receive the following:
- Grand winner – Php 50,000.00 and plaque
- Second Place – Php 30,000.00 and plaque
- Third Place – Php 20,000.00 and plaque
- Seven consolation prizes – Php 5,000.00 and plaque
Terms and Conditions
- The ten final entries shall become the property of the DENR, and maybe use for album production, for general distribution, and for advocacy purposes, with due acknowledgement and recognition of the band.
Awarding of Winners
- Awarding Ceremonies will be held on or before 15th of FEBRUARY 2015.
- Jorie Valcorza – 0917-3084975
- Bhong Carabanes – 0917-3084975
- Philippine Information Agency 10 – 726-683 / 858-8178
Download Entry Form —>> HERE